The two goals that I have selected include: is to facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity and to design and develop digital age learning experiences and assessments. These are two areas in which I feel that I need to work on and improve on as a teacher. These goals will not only help me as a teacher but most importantly, it will the students become better learners.
In order to accomplish these goals, I must have a game plan that must be implemented effectively and successfully. Also I need resources that will help me to implement these goals. Some resources that I will use will be the mobile computer that my department have. This lab has 12 laptops that we will use for research and for students to create blogs and presentations for class.
The next area in which I really need to improve in is assessment. I need to find different types of assessments that will help all students learn the content and for it to retain. I am going to research all different types of assessments that teachers have used and I will discuss with other teachers what they have used and what is successful and what is not. This collaboration will be and effective resource for me to make my students successful learners in the classroom.
Hi Brandon,
ReplyDeleteI believe an important aspect of assessment is to get the students involved in the process. When students can monitor their progress, it is easier for them to appreciate where they are going wrong, and find ways of making changes to improve learning. As you have mentioned, collaborating with other colleagues will not only build on your confidence, but will also give you new ideas and a broader perspective on ways of assessing students to help them achieve.
Patrice
Brandon,
ReplyDeleteI too have been challenged in the past with creating new assessments that aren’t just paper and pencil exams. Particularly, I wanted performance assessments in which the students were creating a product with either hands-on projects or with computer technologies. I have since done that, but I haven’t really cut out the paper and pencil exams. The pressure from administration to prepare students for standardized tests has really just led me to add assessments instead of replace them. Do you have similar pressures, and what are your primary reasons for wanting to change your assessments?
Mike