Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Game Plan

My game plan and my two goals for this year is to facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity and to design and develop digital age learning experiences and assessments. This two goals will help create a positive learning environment and will students become more engaged in the classrooom.

To be able to facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity, a teacher should design his or her lessons that will help promote creative thinking in the classroom and will help the students to "think outside the box". Many students have trouble thinking critically and being creative. I am planning on implementing more technology in the classroom and getting my students more involved in the classroom. My department has a mobile computer lab and I am going to use when we do research projects and give them the freedom to gather the information and to be creative on how they present it to the class. Also I plan on focusing on more writing in the classroom and using more creative writing assignments. These skills will be necessay when it comes to going to college and eventually in the work world.

One area in which I feel that I need to work on is assessment. Students get tired of doing the same assessments in the classroom such as quizzes and tests. This year my game plan is to come up with different types of assessments that give me an indication of just how my students are doing and if they are retaining the information. Also I plan on giving assessments more frequently in order to gauge if I need to move on to the next material or if I need to reteach the material. This will be beneficial for all of my students and will be extremely beneficial for me as a teacher. My goal is to use assessements to help my students become more successful learners.

2 comments:

  1. I also chose those two areas to concentrate on because I believe that they will benefit my students more. I wonder what type of technology that we could find that would help promote your idea about creative writing. My students have a hard time being creative and thinking outside of the box, they tend to want me to give them all details of the requirements or help them complete the assignment.
    At my school we have a program called "Study Island". This program correlates with the standards and allows teachers to create online assessments using questions that the program has already created. This program can be found if you search it online.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of implementing a blog on edmundo. I can ask open ended questions that relate to the content and see how my students respond and feed off of each other. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete